Jayme Lewis has been working for years as a sideman, an artist and a small business-owner in northern Los Angeles. He is a national touring bassist and studio musician, a record producer, author and music educator. After graduating in 2008 from California State University of Northridge with a Bachelor’s Degree in Music, Jayme began a career as a sideman in L.A. and has played with numerous artists from around the country, as well as cutting his teeth in the studio tracking cues for Disney and Nickelodeon. In 2012 he began a career as an artist and released his first record, When Will Then Be Now?
Jayme co-founded of the The Lewis Music Academy in Moorpark, CA in 2005. He is also the sole founder of both TheBassist.net and TheMusicMinistry.org. In 2011 he authored Advice for the Modern Worship Musician and in 2014 released a comprehensive Music Theory and Ear Training course called Ignite Musical Training. As busy as he is, Jayme still manages to gig, tour and maintain his online businesses while producing artists out of his home studio.
- Knowledge Rocks – Bassist Jayme Lewis explains KR Player… 03/12/14
- The Citizen’s Journal – Successful local musician… by Daniel Gelman, 02/09/14
- iBass Magazine – Tuition January 2014 issue
- Bass Players Anonymous – Jayme Lewis Interview 09/27/13
- The Bass Cafe – Interview with Jayme Lewis 01/01/13
- No Treble – Jayme Lewis Releases Christmas EP by Kevin Johnson 12/06/12
- iBass Magazine – Beats and Pieces December 2012 issue
- No Treble – New School: Jayme Lewis by Kevin Johnson 08/24/12
- No Treble – Jayme Lewis Releases When Will… by Kevin Johnson 08/18/12
- No Treble – Jayme Lewis Band: Sedagive by Kevin Johnson 08/09/12
- No Treble – Jayme Lewis and Voyce McGinley… by Corey Brown 05/27/11
If you’d like to study bass with me, I’d highly recommend that you sign up for a membership at TheBassist.net. It’s much more affordable than studying with me privately, you’ll have access to me 24/7 and it’s going to be all of the same information that I would share with you privately!
But if you want to meet with me personally or via Skype, tuition is $85/hour. Send an email to email@example.com to book your first lesson.